Tuesday 26 February 2008

Shanghai

It was nice to step out of the airport and be cold. It is after all, winter.

Shanghai shaped up to be one of the biggest surprises of the trip. Prior to arriving I didn't know what to expect, beyond the skyline.

The key to the city turned out to be a guy named Coco. He's a great jazz vocalist/composer who embodies everything cool about Shanghai. He introduced us to places like Logo, a place that those in the know, know. No line ups here. A laid back anything goes sort of place with live music almost every night of the week. Coco also introduced us to late night restaurants full of club people.

In Toronto, Chinatown is home to some of the best all night restaurants in the city. Over the years, many post disco memories happened in Chinese restaurants. Now I'm in China doing the same thing. This year away in many ways seems to link a back to life before, completing full circles. Every time I get this feeling I relax a little, like I know that I'm on the right track.

But I digress.

No comments:

 
The views expressed by The Smirnoff Ten reflect the individuals opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Smirnoff Co.