Tuesday 26 February 2008

Chengdu

Somewhere in the middle of our stay in Shanghai, we headed for Chengdu. It's near the Tibetan boarder and there was a big Smirnoff event planned. It's a big city, it's in China. I can't really compare it to Shanghai. They're both big and in China.

Chengdu is the home of Kung-Pow chicken. It's better here than in any North American mall food court. It's very hot and layered. A lot happening. Loved it.

The event was pretty spectacular. There were lots of dancers in white fur coats, a man on stilts who later morphed into a giant robot, etc. The space was quite large and open. It could have been a bit fuller (or smaller), but it was still a great party.

There was a lot of media there. They formed a photo taking circle around the Smirnoff Ten. It was interesting to be a part of the spectacle.

We were also told that there was a silver and white dress code.

I borrowed a fire mask from the closet in my hotel and altered it so that it was easier to breathe. Then coated my shoes and legs in tin foil. After I dressed I went to knock on Ben's door to see if he was ready but it was the wrong door and I scared a businessman. Fun. Really fun.

Anyway, the event was a great time. Wearing a mask in public is liberating. I should do it more.

No comments:

 
The views expressed by The Smirnoff Ten reflect the individuals opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Smirnoff Co.